President Emmerson Mnangagwa has appointed Mrs Rosemary Rubvumo as a Commissioner of the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission (ZACC). In a statement, seen by Pindula News, Dr Misheck Sibanda, the Secretary in the Office of the President and Cabinet (OPC) said Rubvumo has over 30 years of relevant experience. Reads the statement:
APPOINTMENT OF MRS ROSEMARY RUBVUMO MUKOGO AS COMMISSIONER OF THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
1. His Excellency the President, Cde Emmerson D. Mnangagwa, has, in terms of Section 2020 [1) (b) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe, and read together with Section 320 of the Constitution, appointed Mrs Rosemary Rubvumo Mukogo as a Commissioner of the Public Service Commission.
2. Mrs Rosemary Mukogo is holder of a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the University of Zimbabwe, and post-graduate qualifications in Environmental Economics and Policy Analysis from Harvard University.
3. Mrs Mukogo has over 30 years of experience of operating at strategic levels having served government in trade and commerce, and rose to the post of Under-Secretary in Ministry of Environment and Tourism, and subsequently becoming the Chief Executive Officer of the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority. She also served in the private sector as Executive Director of Air Harbour Technologies.
4. Since 2001, Mrs Mukogo has served on the boards of public and private sector institutions including Zimbabwe Newspaper Group of Companies; Zimbabwe Council for Tourism; Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Authority; Forestry Commission of Zimbabwe, Minerals Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe; ZIMREF GOLD (Pvt) and MosioaTunya Pvt Ltd. In addition, Mrs Mukogo also brings a strong research and publication capacity and experience in transformative leadership to the Commission.
5. Mrs Mukogo has built her capability and credibility as special adviser in Africa in founding and managing Green Tourism Services Pvt Ltd, a company with reach across Africa and which has consistently consulted for the New Partnership for Africa’s Development INEPAD] and the Regional Tourism Organisation for Southern Africa IRETOSA).
More: Pindula News