Pindula
Register Login

Police Confirm Muvevi's Extradition From Mozambique

Police Confirm Muvevi's Extradition From Mozambique

The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) has confirmed Jaison Muvevi’s extradition from Mozambique.

Muvevi, a former policeman allegedly shot dead three people and critically injured another in Wedza on 13 January before his arrest in Mozambique on 16 January.

ZRP national spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi on Tuesday evening said Muvevi had been successfully brought back to Zimbabwe. Said Nyathi:

Reference is made to the ZRP press statement on the arrest of the murder suspect, Jaison Muvevi in Mozambique on 16/01/23.

The ZRP confirms that the suspect has been successfully repatriated from Mozambique and is now in Mutare.

Nyathi said Muvevi was on his way to Harare ahead of his court appearance adding more details will be provided in due course.

Muvevi allegedly shot and killed Crispen Mubvana Kanerusine (62), a self-styled prophet who was operating from a Johanne Masowe shrine at Negombwe Village in Wedza.

He shot the elderly man at point-blank range right in front of his congregants after he allegedly gave him a prophecy he did not like.

Muvevi’s second victim was Wedza officer in charge Inspector Maxwell Hove (43) who was unarmed and sitting in the front passenger side of the police truck.

He shot the police officer three times, killing him instantly, before targetting Detective Constable Tendai Mugova who was armed with a CZ pistol and had taken cover under the police truck.

Police said Mugova was shot three times – on the left hip, stomach and right shoulder, but survived the shooting.

Muvevi then disarmed the police officers, took their guns and jumped into his vehicle and sped off towards Goto.

Muvevi’s third victim was a 20-year-old bartender, Munashe Mujanhi, who he shot and killed for unknown reasons.

Share Article

Sponsored

14 Comments

Choopisaa 2 weeks ago

vanogadzira ma movies hero basa!!🤪...moto gadzirawo action movie kubva nhau yemhondi iyi


chibhanguzaa 2 weeks ago

ZRP kubata hayo ichiri better.


Big 2 weeks ago

Kkkkkk tsano yakabata ani apa

Sir Zimbabwe 2 weeks ago

@Big kkk usadaro kkk hapana chanzikwa

former cid 2 weeks ago

"Muvevi’s second victim was Wedza officer in charge Inspector Maxwell Hove (43) who was unarmed and sitting in the front passenger side of the police truck."how can a senior officer go to a crime seen unarmed vavana nano proromotwa vat vari vambishi ava officers do not make silly mistakes idzi munopera


2 weeks ago

Mapurisa akafa aka****...too much beating up opposition party members...Zrp yese misuri yenyu


2 weeks ago

Thank you Mozambique police for helping us, our officers here are used to deal with unarmed vendors Especially women and elders.


Vinicius Jr 2 weeks ago

Sure kupfura muporofita bcz hanzi wandiporofita kt ndakaromba


mlambo naume 2 weeks ago

zviriko wani

Sponsored

Tintin 2 weeks ago

I see him escaping from prison...tight security please


2 weeks ago

One of Britain’s richest men, Jim Ratcliffe, has formally entered the race to buy Manchester United.

The EPL club was put up for sale by its American owners – The Glazer family – in November last year.

“We have formally put ourselves into the process,” a statement released by the billionaire to The Times confirmed on Tuesday.

Ratcliffe, 70, is the CEO of pharmaceutical company INEOS and was previously linked with taking over Chelsea before US businessman Todd Boehly bought the club.

The billionaire owns Ligue 1 side Nice and his company sponsors the Mercedes AMG Formula One team

Meanwhile, United were most recently valued at £3.75bn but would expect to fetch far more given that a consortium led by Boehly paid £4.25bn for Chelsea in May last year.

The Old Trafford side has not won the Premier League title since 2013, and has sacked a succession of managers in the aftermath of the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Related


2 weeks ago

Farai Mutatu could have made his American Major League Soccer debut last but immigration paperwork blocked him from playing for the LA Galaxy.

This was revealed by the Los Angeles Times newspaper in a squad update ahead of the new season.

Mutatu was Galaxy’s first-round pick in the 2022 draft and impressed during the pre-season.

The Zimbabwe-born youngster scored two preseason goals and coach Greg Vanney has said the Galaxy should know in the next week whether he’ll be able to rejoin the club this winter.

The gaffer also assured that the youngster can get some game time in the new season.

“There’s space now for a couple of guys who are younger, who are going to be on the field more, their presence needs to be felt,” he said.

Born in Zimbabwe, Mutatu’s family moved to the USA in 2006, before his parents had to return to their native country in 2014.

The forward received his first national call-up in 2019 when he was named in the U23 team to face Mozambique in Afcon Qualifiers.

However, the star failed to come to Zimbabwe due to logistical issues.

Should he gets his immigration paperwork done, the 23-year-old will link-up with fellow countrymen Teenage Hadebe, who also plays in the MLS for Houston Dynamo.

Related


Cid 2 weeks ago

ndanga ndichiona ma pics ake pa social media kkk 3 ma cuffs kumakumbo apa kumaoko vakamuisa dzeku back kkkk


Gcee 2 weeks ago

Haaaa uyu atogadxira prison break chaiyo



Leave a comment


Recent News


News Categories



Feedback