Peta Agro Initiatives, a local agri-business training organisation, is offering online courses in beans and butternuts farming to ensure Zimbabweans utilise their pieces of land productively.
The courses will be focused on 4 crops:
- Green Beans – 6 to 10 Dec
- Butternuts – 13 to 17 Dec
- Soya Beans – 20 to 24 Dec
- Sugar Beans – 27 to 31 Dec
Topics include land preparation, nursing, planting, fertilizers and chemicals needed, harvesting, storage, and marketing of the crops. Each topic is covered over one week from Monday to Friday.
The courses are part of a wider Peta Agro programme of online agribusiness courses offered on WhatsApp throughout the year.
Instructor and agronomist, Tabeth Ruvarashe, said about the December courses:
We have seen a great uptake in our online courses and we are excited to start on the legume crops training this December.
A great number of Zimbabweans have taken up farming as a fulltime endeavor and some as a means to generate additional revenue. Some are just people that have land and have decided to put it to productive use.
Usually we find that most Zimbabweans entering into farming don’t have the skills to ensure their money and time investment is protected. This is where we come in and we are really excited to be part of this growing culture of taking to farming by young people.
- Venue: WhatsApp
- Time: 6 – 8pm Monday to Friday
- Investment: $5 per week or $15 for the month
- wa.me/27719112700 (Ruvarashe, SA)
- wa.me/263771674719 (Pearl, Mash Central)
- wa.me/263714760390 (Achim, Bulawayo)
- wa.me/263737871864 (Progress, Kwekwe)
- wa.me/263773355297 (Thandiwe, Harare)
- wa.me/263716834420 (Tinashe, Marondera)