The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection at 4 PM on Wednesday 15 March 2023 valid until Friday 17 March 2023:
There were cloudy and mild conditions in Midlands, Mashonaland Central, Mashonaland East Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces and less windy due to the weakening of the low-pressure system (former Tropical Cyclone Freddy) with merely light rainfalls.
The highest amounts were only 12mm (Zaka), 11mm (Kezi) and 10mm (Buhera); other places in the mentioned provinces had light rain and drizzle, as well as isolated showers in the periphery of the cloud.
The north-western half of the country i.e. Matabeleland North and Mashonaland West Provinces started partly cloudy and mild, and become sunny and hot by noon.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY 16 MARCH 2023,
Mostly cloudy and warm conditions are expected in Harare Metropolitan, northern parts of Manicaland and all Mashonaland Provinces with afternoon isolated thunderstorms due to the fringes of the Inter Tropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ).
Southern areas of Manicaland and Masvingo Provinces should be cloudy and mild at first with light rain in places becoming partly cloudy and warm by the afternoon.
Midlands, Matabeleland North and Matabeleland South should start off partly cloudy and mild becoming sunny and warm by noon.
- Rain may affect outdoor activities
- Even when skies seem clear overhead, lightning remains a threat, as thunderstorm clouds may be near.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Avoid parking your vehicle under or near trees as tree branches/or entire tree trunks may fall.
- Avoid crossing rivers or streams on foot or in a vehicle; just 30cm depth of flowing water can sweep away large vehicles & bridges might have been washed away. Wait for the rain/flood water to subside.
- When lightning is visible or thunder audible, go indoors and avoid contact with water or metal objects.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR FRIDAY 17 MARCH 2023
The extreme northern parts of Matabeleland North (Binga District), extreme northern parts of Midlands (Gokwe North and South), Harare Metropolitan, northern parts of Manicaland and all Mashonaland Provinces should be mostly cloudy and warm conditions with isolated thunderstorms; though mild both morning and evening.
Masvingo and southern districts of Manicaland are anticipated to be briefly cloudy and mild at first becoming mostly sunny and warm by mid-morning.
Much of Matabeleland North, Midlands, Bulawayo Metropolitan and Matabeleland South is expected to be mostly sunny and warm by day, becoming mild towards evening.
More: Pindula News