Pindula
Register Login

Juvenile Dies After Being Electrocuted At Zimbabwe Agricultural Show

Juvenile Dies After Being Electrocuted At Zimbabwe Agricultural Show

A 12-year-old minor was on Saturday electrocuted after he touched the metal body of an electric swing at the Zimbabwe Agricultural Show Luna Park, Harare.

Police on Sunday said the minor was pronounced dead upon arrival at Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals. Police said:

The ZRP reports a sad incident in which a 12-year-old boy was electrocuted after he touched the metal body of an electric swing known as a paratrooper on 03/09/22 at Zimbabwe Agricultural Show Luna Park, Harare.

The victim died upon arrival at Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals. Investigations are in progress.

According to ZimLive, the minor was later identified as Wayne Mugaure, a pupil at Alfred Beit School in Harare.

This, however, is not the first incident when tragedy struck at the annual agricultural showcase which has traditionally been combined with a lot of fun.

In 2011, Given Flint Matapure, who was 3 years of age, went missing at the then Harare Agricultural Show.

His remains were found days later by a worker who was clearing a piece of land within Exhibition Park.

Pindula News

Share Article

Sponsored

1 Comments

rr 4 weeks ago

condolences to the family



Leave a comment


Recent News


News Categories



Feedback