SOS CV Zimbabwe is looking to recruit a Youth Care Program Attachee for the 2022 - 2023 attachment period. The mission of this position is to undergo work related learning with the SOS CV Zimbabwe Youth & Education Programs team. The Internship Programme offers students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain practical work experience and transferrable skills whilst giving back to the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide quality youth care for you and ensures youth achieve independent living so that they become meaningful contributors in the community.
- Identify programs needed for individual youth through the development planning process.
- Advise and guide youths and young persons in all education matters and ensures they have access to quality education.
- Works with the Location Youth Committees in the planning stage for the annual YEPO plans.
- Support and guide the youth is setting up Youth Committees and during youth committee meetings and activities.
- Conduct workshops to equip the young people with knowledge and skills to manage finances i.e. financial literacy skills and other life skills etc.
- Conduct Leaving Care preparatory care programs from adolescents so that they are prepared for life outside the village accordingly before integration into the communities.
- Facilitates for placement of young people in educational institutions including processing of visas, passports and other travel requirements as necessary.
- Facilitate Workshops in Health related issues such as Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Drug and Substance abuse; grooming and good health habits.
- Empower young people with soft and hard skills by conducting and funding trainings that will increase their employability.
- Raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination.
Qualifications and Experience
- Studying towards a Bachelor degree in social sciences (social work, international relations, political science, sociology developments studies, psychology, community development or economics);
- Strong relationship building skills and competences,
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a cross cultural team, to meet program needs.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university/education records.
- In the event that you have immediate relatives working with SOS Children’s Villages, you need to declare the relationship.
- Have no other relatives in your reporting line of authority for the discipline you are applying for.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Additional consideration will be given to any professional experience relevant to the function you’re applying for.
How to Apply
Applications supported by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic certificates, clearly indicating the position being applied for in the email subject line, should be submitted electronically not later than 9th of December 2022. Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to:
Volunteers and interns do not receive a salary, but we pay a monthly stipend to cover for travel/transport expenses.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.