Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the above-mentioned posts that have arisen in the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching, Research, Community Service, Innovation and Industrialisation
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must hold a Doctoral degree in Rural and Urban Planning or related discipline, a Master’s Degree in Rural and Urban Planning or equivalent and a Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Rural and Urban Planning or equivalent with at least a 2.1-degree class.
- Applicants who can show some progress towards acquiring a relevant Doctoral Degree may be considered.
- Successful applicants must be able to teach at least three of the following modules: GIS and Earth Observations, Statistics for Planners, Urban Design Studio and 3D CAD, Design Studio for Building Plans, Planning Techniques and Research Methods, Design Studio: Spatial Plans and 2D CAD, Regional Planning, Urban and Regional Economics and Environmental Design.
- Teaching experience at tertiary or University level is mandatory.
- Possession of a Postgraduate Diploma in Higher and Tertiary Education will be an added advantage.
- Successful applicants without a Postgraduate Diploma in Higher and Tertiary Education will be required to obtain the same within the first three (3) years of appointment.
How to Apply
To apply, visit careers on the Great Zimbabwe University website: http://elearning.gzu.ac.zw/careers/ Applicants are urged to fill in all the necessary fields on the application platform and attach the required documents.
Deadline: 07 January 2023.