Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the above position that have arisen within the Zimbabwe RevenueAuthority (ZIMRA) - an equal opportunity employer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing timely advice and support for legal compliance issues
- Ensuring leg al compliance risks are identified and appropriately mitigated
- Anticipating the impact of regulatory developments and timeously communicate their impact to the Authority
- Contributing to the effective management of legal compliance risks
- Providing guidance on the proper application and interpretation of laws and regulations affecting compliance of the operations of the Authority
- Ensuring proactive and timely monitoring, identification, dissemination and advice on compliance and regulatory developments, changes and practices and associated risks;
- Ensuring adequacy of controls to mitigate legal and compliance risks and roll out compliance policies and procedures
- Establishing and maintain effective processes, including training, advice, and support, to ensure that compliance policies, procedures and standards are timeously and effectively implemented
- Implementation of a Legal Compliance Monitoring Programme and ensure timely conduct of legal compliance reviews
- Identifying areas of non-compliance and breaches of applicable laws and proffer remedial solutions
- Ensuring that the Legal Compliance function works effectively and proactively with the compliance teams within the divisions of the Authority to identify, manage and mitigate all compliance risks
- Developing legal compliance documentation in line with the requirements of the Public Entities Corporate Governance Act and any applicable legislation
- Participating in the National Works Council and the National Employment Council meetings and providing legal advice on matters arising therein
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Head Advisory and Compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
- A First university degree in Law or Tax or Customs or equivalent
- At least 1 (one) year post qualification experience in a tax, compliance or customs environment
Skills and Competencies
- Apility to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Computer literacy
- Unquestionable integrity.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae by 24 July, 2022. All applications should be emailed to ZimraRecruitment@zimra.co.zw clearly stating the position applied for and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th FloorZB Centre Corner
First Street/Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P.O. Box 4360
NB: Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.