The Zimbabwe Electricity Transmission & Distribution Company is looking for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the positions of Line Worker and Worker for the Installation of Optical ground wire on the 355km, 330kV line between Hwange and Sherwood.
Type of Contract: Fixed term (2 Months Contract)
The Worker will be responsible for:
- Setting up of campsites and campsite manning.
- Assist the Lineman in the preparation of optic fibre - Groundwork Assist the Lineman in stringing or Installation of OPGW-Groundwork.
- loading and offloading materials to work sites.
- Creation of track routes for Installation vehicles.
- Carrying out daily housekeeping.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous exposure to OPGW work an added advantage.
- Registration with the Ministry of Labour and Manpower Planning.
How To Apply
All applications to be accompanied by proof of registration with a Local Ministry of Labour and Manpower planning Office and identity documents should be submitted not later than 20 June 2022:
Submit sealed applications clearly indicating position applied for e.g 'ZETDC OPGW- WORKER' OR ZETDC OPGW- LINEWORKER to:
District Employment Officer.
Ministry of Public service Labour, Welfare
Department of Employment Service and Promotion
35A Corner 4th street &3rd Avenue,
NB: Please Be Advised That Zetdc Does Not Require Payment Of Any Kind For The Submission Of Applications Or For Attending Interviews.