Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above post
Gwanda State University is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and individuals living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Preparing, reading and interpreting blueprints to assess or plan layout and procedures.
- Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Setting up components for welding according to specifications.
- Operating angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Aligning components using callipers, rulers and clamp pieces.
- Welding components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead).
- Repairing machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps.
- Testing and inspecting welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Maintaining equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Performing departmental duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Preparing cost estimate.
Qualifications And Experience
- Five (5) Ordinary Level Passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- National Certificate in Boiler Making or Welding from HEXCO/Equivalent.
- Journeyman Class 1, four (4) years apprentice trained.
Experience and Qualities
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Good arithmetical and analytical skills.
- Observant and thorough.
- Problem solver.
- Physical dexterity.
How To Apply
Conditions Of Service
A contributory Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to:
The Deputy Registrar
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 12 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.