Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position which has arisen at the Women’s University in Africa, Harare campus.
The Webmaster reports to the Director, Marketing, Communications and Public Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and designing front-end website architecture through appealing visual designs;
- Defining and designing user interactions on web pages, meeting both technical and user needs;
- Developing back-end website applications;
- Increasing website traffic through search engine optimisation and other strategies;
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programmes and subsequently developing these modifications;
- Testing website across browsers, operating systems and devices;
- Monitoring online traffic and conversions;
- Minimising website downtime, debugging pages and fixing broken links or images;
- Updating the website content and reviewing SEO;
- Addressing user complaints;
- Optimising loading speeds and capacity;
- Maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting servers;
- Tracking, analysing and reporting web traffic statistics and reviewing content effectiveness;
- Verifying all web and social media content-id consistent with the university design and style guide;
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages;
- Working closely with other stakeholders to develop and deploy functional systems;
- Performing any other relevant duties assigned by the Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related degree
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in designing, deploying and managing web platforms or content management systems
- Experience and proficiency with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Java and PHP
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL and MSSQL
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems Wordpress, Joomla
- Familiarity with Graphic Design and Multimedia programming
- Experience with continuous deployment and automated testing i.e. GIT
- Good team player
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies; and
- Excellent communication skills.