Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above post:
Duties And Responsibilities
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Responsible for the overall aesthetic appearance of University Websites
- Determine the structure and design of web pages.
- Create tools that enhance the user’s website experience.
- Develop features to enhance the user experience.
- Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensure websites are accessible across many platforms, including laptops and
- Maintain brand consistency throughout the design.
- Work with clients to develop the overall look and design of a website.
- Incorporate applications, graphics, audio and video clips into client websites.
- Routinely testing websites for ease of use, speed and other quality factors.
- Fix any website issues or bugs that arise.
- Address and responding to user comments and complaints.
- Perform any other duties as can be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications And Experience
The position requires an individual with:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least three years’ experience working as a web and User Interface developer.
- Profound knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Solid understanding of the concepts of user experience, user interface design principles and conceptual design.
- High level of experience with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
- A solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them.
- Knowledge of industry-standard design tools e.g. Adobe creative suite.
- The ability to use client input to create functional, creative and user-friendly web pages.
- The ability to test and debug websites.
- A good understanding of SEO principles
- Thorough knowledge of open source Content Management Systems particularly WordPress.
- Working experience of the design and implementation of databases systems such as MySQL, MariaDB and PostgreSQL.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Unix and/or Linux would be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.