Mwenezi Development Training Centre (MDTC) is a community-based organization operating in Mwenezi, Masvingo, Chiredzi, and Beitbridge districts. MDTC implements diversified community development and humanitarian programmes which are funded by various funding partners. MDTC has recently been given an award to implement a one-year USAID funded programme on “Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district of Zimbabwe”.
Project: Strengthening resilience to enhance food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural communities to cope with recurrent shocks and stressors in Chiredzi district.
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Duties And Responsibilities
- Formulation, designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of WASH activities to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the programme management, delivery and accomplishment of programme goals and objectives.
- Ensure the development of accurate Bill of Quantities, technical drawings, and mobilization of resources for all the WASH interventions in liaison with relevant technical staff from the government line ministries and other implementing partners. Guarantee the respect of construction standards as well as the security practices at the project site
- Contribute towards developing wash related trainings, guidelines and standards and supporting the provision of trainings of Water point committees (using WWSC methodology)
- Supervise and monitor the technical aspect from project implementation making sure that project is completed timely, effectively, and accurately with respect to standard engineering.
- Provide feedback to the Field Supervisor, relevant project partners and the local authorities
- Coordinate WASH related activities with other key stakeholders
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to the Monitoring and Evaluation officer on WASH activities.
- Any other relevant responsibility as may be assigned
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum: Diploma in Water Resources Management, Irrigation Engineering, Public Health, Environmental Health Technician, Geography and Environment or any related field
- Minimum of 2yrs relevant work experience working on Wash projects.
- Knowledge in borehole drilling, rehabilitation and construction
- Class 3 driver’s licence is a requirement.
How To Apply
Terms And Conditions
Applications to be sent via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org with attached curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and addressed to The Programmes Managing Director.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: MDTC Does Not Charge A Fee At Any Stage Of The Recruitment Process (Application, Shortlisting And Interview).