Africa AHEAD (AA) is a national NGO which was founded in 1995 in order to address the needs of urban and rural communities through the Community Health Club (CHC) methodology. The objective of AA is to relieve sickness and poverty and promote good health by empowering communities in Zimbabwe. The organization implements a range of Community Health Club and Emergency programmes directly in-country, as well as providing a learning base for other countries wishing to
start Community Health Club Program in the region. AA’s vision is to empower women in particular so that, as leaders in a fully functional
Community, they are able to effectively control all preventable diseases and substantially alleviate poverty in their areas and raise living standards for their family.
Position: WASH Engineer (Manicaland) (1 month)
The WASH Engineer is responsible for the smooth running of the technical WASH aspects of the program in line with national and AAZ protocols.
Oversee the effective implementation of the WASH hardware aspects of the project for Health Facilities which among others include;
Duties And Responsibilities
- Technical Assessment of Health Facilities under the COVID-19 related program
- Responsible for the implementation of the WASH Hardware Project, providing technical guidance and oversight resulting in quality construction and materials supply.
- Ensure that all hardware project activities are in accordance with budgets and are being implemented on schedule
- Ensure documentation of project progress is on-going and integrate sound M&E procedures in all aspects of the project.
- Ensure implementation of capacity building for the construction teams covering environmental issues related to construction and environmental management.
- Ensure that Africa AHEAD procurement and logistics policies are followed during the WASH activities implementation.
- Ensure rehabilitation of WASH facilities at Health Facilities are carried out in accordance with national quality, norms and standards.
- Provide technical expertise in designs and implementation of rehabilitation of water-points rehabilitation and construction.
- Coordination with the WASH Program Manager , support Africa AHEAD to meet its minimum quality and accountability requirements in emergencies.
- Timely reporting, on a monthly basis, regarding all WASH activities.
- Support the professional development of partners and subordinates.
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Participant Protection Policy and Africa AHEAD Code of Conduct.
- Knowledge of WASH FIT and Sphere Standards is an advantage
- Implement any other duties as outlined by the line Manager
Qualifications And Experience
- A Minimum of a Degree in, Bsc Civil Engineering/B-Tech Water Resources Engineering
- Bsc Water and Civil Engineerin
- Strong appreciation of hardware components in project implementation
- At least 5 years’ experience in WASH emergency programmes working for an NGO/Local Authority in less privileged communities
- Willing to work in remote locations.
How To Apply
Applications and detailed curriculum vitae with the position clearly highlighted in the Subject line can be sent out to: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com by close of business on Tuesday 31st May 2022 While we value all applications received, we unfortunately can only respond to shortlisted candidates. NB This is an urgent vacancy notice.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as we receive applications. Canvasing will disqualify applicants