A warehouse storekeeper is an employee of the organization who is in charge of overseeing general operations and activities, including shipment and taking deliveries, conducting stock checks, recording warehouse transactions, storage of inventory, and guaranteeing the safe and efficient operation of the material handling equipment in a warehouse. They work in the warehouse and are responsible for stock control of warehouse cargo, coordinating the arrangement of cargo, and performing of documentation of cargo stored at the warehouse. Therefore, CITI After Sales Service Zimbabwe is looking to hire a warehouse storekeeper to be based in Harare.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Receive, pull stock, store, and maintain warehouse inventory
- Responsible for the issuance of materials and supplies to all departments in the organization
- Scrutinize all deliveries and ensure that defective or incorrect items are returned
- Examine stock and dispose of depreciated and obsolete stock following the organization’s policy
- Responsible for stock control and housekeeping operations of warehouse cargo and items
- Key departmental orders into the inventory management system
- Carry out minor maintenance or repair of storeroom material
- Provide detailed reports on departmental charges
- Responsible for the preparation of requisitions for supplies and materials
- Responsible for the maintenance of inventory of parts and equipment on hand
- Keep documentation of materials and supplies issued
- Responsible for the preparation of work orders for equipment repairs
- Preserve records and prepare related reports.
Qualifications And Experience
- Should be a resident of Chipata.
- Should be a hold of a diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Should have at least 1 to 2 years warehouse work experience as well as receiving, storing, and issuing a variety of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Should be familiar with accounting principles, inventory systems, and storekeeping methods and procedures.
- Should posse excellent communication Skills both verbally and written.
- Should be able to work with a computer and utilize purchasing/inventory software, and Microsoft Office applications
- Should have excellent organizational skills required to work with people in different departments and handle multiple tasks.
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the above required to send their latest CV’s with the day-to-day contact on the email provided; HR.ZW@transsion.com not later than 23rd June, 2022. Hand delivered applications will not be received at this point.