Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above post
Gwanda State University is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and individuals living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Gwanda State University Bursar. The Bursar shall be a member of the Senior Management Team. As the Chief Finance Officer of the University, the Bursar shall exercise professional superintendence and should be responsible for safe-guarding its funds. The Bursar shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the safe custody and proper disposition of all University funds and assets. The Bursar is expected to play a pivotal role in sustaining a transparent and accountable financial system that inspires public confidence in the integrity of University Finances.
Duties And Responsibilities
The successful candidate shall be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction to the Bursar’s Department.
- Managing the financial affairs of the University including strategic planning, implementation of sound accounting procedures and treasury functions.
- Ensuring compliance and adherence to laws, financial regulations and
- Formulating, designing, reviewing and implementing sound and appropriate accounting policies and systems.
- Being the University’s financial advisor.
- Receiving on behalf of the Council, grants subventions, revenues, gifts payable to the University and be a sufficient discharge of the same.
- Maintaining cash flow projections for the current and future years.
- Reviewing and preparing financial accounts, budgetary estimates, cash flow and reports.
- Developing and managing annual budgets and performing period cost and productivity analyses.
- Producing periodic management and financial reports as required by management, University Council and its Committees.
- Planning, developing and implementing strategies for generating resources and revenue.
- Interacting with supervising agents as well as, internal and external auditors.
- Participating in audit projects and providing information and access to accounting records as required.
- Providing guidance to the staff in the Bursar’s Department including performance management and staff development.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative and effective relationships with all
Qualifications And Experience
- At least a Master of Accountancy Degree or equivalent.
- Be a Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Certified Accountant (CCA) or Registered Public Accountant (RPA).
- At least ten (10) years of accounting experience directly related to duties and preferably in a University, with at least two (2) years’ experience in a Senior Management position.
- Knowledge of computerised accounting systems or packages is a must.
Skills and Attributes
- The Bursar must demonstrate orderliness efficiency, reliability of stewardship, excellent ICT skills and possess a calm manner, excellent management and risk management skills.
- Be able to write technical reports, foster a cooperative working environment and multi-tasking.
How To Apply
Conditions Of Service
A contributory Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to:
The Deputy Registrar
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 12 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.