Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant position referred to above which has arisen within Hwange Rural District Council.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for prudent management of Council's financial affairs Key Job Functions include; Prudent management of council financial affairs Providing professional advice to the Chief Executive Officer and Council on all financial matters
- Responsible for designing, and implementing of sound financial and accounting systems/ procedures
- Responsible for the crafting, co-ordinating and implementation of Council's budget
- Preparing of quarterly and annual financial statements Preparation of monthly management reports Preparing quarterly and annual financial reports Supervision of finance department personnel
- Responsible for the collection, banking and utilisation of council revenue as per yearly budget
- Checking, reviewing and monitoring the effectiveness of internal control systems in place
- Ensuring that all accounting books are kept up-to-date and balanced
- Timeously production of final accounts as per Public Finance Management Act
- Ensuring that all statutory payments are made and returns are submitted on time
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate must possess a recognised Degree in Accountancy or any equivalent qualifications.
- Master's Degree in Accounting will be an added advantage A member of the Public Accounting and Auditors Board (PAAB) A sound background of financial management in a public sector environment at a senior level for a period of at least two years A membership of a recognised professional board Mature and aged between 35 and 45 years Computer literate
- Strong analytic skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good leadership qualities
- Self-motivation and team spirit
How To Apply
Applications in own handwriting accompanied by six (6) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of education and professional qualifications and names of at least three traceable referees to be submitted to the undersigned so as to reach him not later than close of business, 16:45 hours on 5 August 2022.
Hwange Rural District Council
P. O. Box 165
P. Ncube: Chief Executive Officer
NB: Certainly a self-starter Benefits In return, the Council offers an attractive package to be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.