Reporting to: Training Coordinator
Contract Duration: 6 Months (Renewable)
Duty Station: Head Office - Harare
Established in 1988 and headquartered 23km from the Harare city centre along Lomagundi Road, FPC strives to promote agroecological solutions for healthy and prosperous communities. It seeks to facilitate and demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge to restore people’s confidence in their ability to produce off-land while still working creatively in harmony with nature. FPC major activities include training of smallholder farmers, youth groups and various development workers, demonstrating sustainable methods of farming for organic enthusiasts including creating ties with communities, sister organizations as well as other agencies that work in the same communities as the centre. FPC is inviting for suitably qualified and experienced persons to submit applications for the above mentioned position that is based at its Head Office in Harare.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Sourcing for business and designing short courses
- Marketing centre activities particularly courses on offer
- Developing Agroecology training materials; Production of pamphlets, fliers etc
- Monitoring the implementation of agroecology by trainees;
- Conducting training
- Reporting to the Training Coordinator.
Qualifications And Experience
Education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related discipline;
- Diploma in Agroecology / Permaculture; Diploma / Certificate in Marketing is an added advantage.
Prior work experience
- At least a minimum of 5 years proven experience in the NGO sector
- At least a 2 years’ experience working on community development work
- Knowledge skills and abilities
- Ability to communicate in both Ndebele and Shona
- Strong marketing skills
- Holder of a clean Class 4 driver’s licence an added advantage.
How To Apply
Applicants to submit half - page motivational letter and curriculum vitae either by email or by hand delivered to the address below. Emails to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com Hand delivered applications should be addressed to the Human Resources Officer and submitted to Fambidzanai Permaculture Centre, 4 Dovedale Road, Mt Hampden, Harare. Interested candidates must also indicate, categorically, their minimum expected gross earnings in their motivational letter. Applications should be received no later than 15 April 2022 Only short listed candidates shall be contacted for interviews.