Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced, mature, self-motivated and task oriented Civil Engineers to fill the following vacant position which has arisen within Council.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of engineering services through checking, approving all engineering designs, project delivery plans, engaging and managing contractors and consultants.
- Preparation of tenders for various construction and maintenance works in council
- Management of development projects through enforcing council technical by-laws, approval of methods of construction in line with approved building standards and by-laws,
- Management of all infrastructural development projects for council.
- Cost control and departmental budget control by ensuring that all project managers execute their works economically and within budget.
- Planning and developmental projects through ensuring the carrying out of project identification and appraisal annually.
- Maintenance of council infrastructure, plant and equipment
- Management of staff in the engineering/works department
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable university.
- At least 5 years relevant civil engineering experience, two (2) of which could be at management or supervisory level. is required.
- Relevant experience in a local government environment is an added advantage.
- At least 30 yeas of age
- Working knowledge of auto-Cad, CM designer (water & sewer) software packages.
- Membership and registration with Zimbabwe Institute of Engineers (ZIE) a must
- A clean Class Four (4) driver's licence
How To Apply
Details regarding salary and other benefits applicable to these posts will be disclosed to candidates invited for interviews. Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, in writing, to the undersigned to reach him on or before 29 July 2022.
The Town Secretary
Hwange Local Board
New Office Complex
NB: Those that had previously applied, need not re- apply. Suitably qualified and experienced women are strongly encouraged to apply.