Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the vacancy of the Town Engineer within the Engineering and Works Department of Ruwa Local Board.
Key Job Functions
- Head of Engineering and Works Department.
- Execution of Council projects.
- Supervise and inspect construction of infrastructure / civil works in the town
- Design, construction and maintenance of roads, water, buildings, public lighting and any related infrastructure.
- Projects planning and management
- Liaising with Council consultants and land developers on Engineering and Works matters
- Contract management
- Preparing Engineering and Works Departmental budget
- Supervising, staff development and performance management in the Engineering and Works Department.
- Production of monthly reports for presentation to relevant Committee and Council.
- Attending management, Committee and Council meetings
- Production of adhoc reports for the Town Secretary
- Town planning and development control
- To perform any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Town Secretary
Minimum Job Requirements
- A Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University Membership of the Zimbabwe Council of Engineers
- A Master's Degree in Water and Sanitation/Project Management is an added advantage
- At least 3 years post graduate experience
- At least 30 years old and mature
- A citizen of Zimbabwe Computer literate
- Clean class 4 drivers license
- A clean criminal record
- Attach valid Police clearance certificate
- A clean record of service within the Local Government fraternity/public sector/civil works.
- Attach proof of infrastructural development projects executed
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their handwritten applications, attach copies of certified academic and professional qualifications addressed to The Secretary not later than 08 July 2022,
Ruwa Local Board
P. 0. Box 153