Latest Zimbabwe Women's Microfinance Bank The Ministry of Women Affairs, Gender & Community Development was mandated by the Government of Zimbabwe under the Zimbabwe Agenda for Sustainable Socio-Economic Transformation (ZIMASSET), to strengthen and/or establish mechanisms for women to effectively participate and benefit from various empowerment programmes. The idea of a Women’s Bank was first put forward in 1982 by the Ministry of Community Development and Women’s Affairs, as a means by which rural women could get access to credit facilities. Women constitute 52 % of the population, are believed to work ten times more than men and produce more than half of the country’s food, yet they earn only 10% of the country’s income.Trust Towers, 56-60 Samora Machel Ave, Harare Zimbabwe
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced, self-driven and results oriented individuals, to fill the above position within the ZIMBABWE WOMEN'S MICROFINANCE BANK
REPORTS TO — BRANCH OPERATIONS OFFICER JOB SUMMARY
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting on all retail banking roles, including business development, telling and back office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Accepting deposits from clients
- Paying out cash upon withdrawals
- Preparing cash for onward deposit with the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe.
- Balances cash on hand and locks away in the vault
- Cross selling of products.
- Journal ticking
- Housekeeping — ensures safe custody of keys, stamps and ensures password is protected at all times.
Qualifications And Experience
- Finance / Accounting/ Business/Business Degree added advantage.
- IOBZ Part 2 or equivalent professional qualification is an added advantage.
- 5'0' Levels including English Language and Mathematics.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in a banking or Microfinance institution, with experience in back-office operations.
- Honest, reliable and well groomed.
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of banking products and services.
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Cash handling skills
- High level of integrity
- Clean record of service
How To Apply
Interested Candidates should email application letter and CV with position clearly marked via email to Human.Resources@womensbank.co.zw or submit to ZWMB Head Office, 31 Mutley Bend, Belvedere, Harare
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply