Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above mentioned vacancy that has arisen at Bindura University of Science Education.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop, manage and evaluate the Library Technology Plan
- Monitor library technology trends and recommend implementation
- Ensure that all computers in the Libraries are in working order at all times
- Be responsible for the technical operation and management of the Integrated Library Management System
- Provide leadership in the development and management of library web pages and digital/electronic/virtual libraries
- Ensure registration/access to e-resources in coordination with Faculty Librarians
- Develop training programmes as well as train Library staff and Library clientele in new information technologies
- Partner with Faculty Librarians in the development and management of all Library technology projects
- Acts as advisor to the Librarian on ICT related issues
- Any other technology related duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in Information Technology/Library and Information Sciences and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology/Library and Information Sciences
- At least two (2) years’ post qualification experience working with Library software packages.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 12 September 2022.