Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above mentioned vacancy that has arisen at Bindura University of Science Education.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Conduct GIS and Remote Sensing tutorials/practicals
- Carry out GIS-Spatial analysis and modelling using any of the following: ArcGIS 10x, SatScan, Maxent, GWRx, GeoDa, QGIS and R
- Access and analyse Earth Observation data through, Google engine, Geonetcast & ILWIS, etc
- Carry out Earth Observation/Remote sensing data processing
- Ensure the functionality and safety of the LCD projectors and other equipment
- Control the materials kept in stock
- Ensure machines and materials are ready for use
- Maintain and repair machines and equipment
- Support academics carrying out research projects
- Assist students with research projects (use of Turnitin Euphorous software, etc)
- Demonstrate methods and experiments to students
- Facilitate students’ field trips in liaison with Departmental Chairperson
- Prepare equipment/materials/chemicals for practicals
- Assist Lecturers in pre-runs of practicals and setting up of student practicals
- Prepare student tours, including carrying out reconnaissance trips for areas to be visited and prepare materials especially maps for students and Lecturers
- Ensure laboratory equipment is repaired and serviced as and when necessary
- Create inventory for equipment, materials and chemicals for the Department
- Procure laboratory equipment, materials and chemicals
- Organise transport for both student trips and the Department’s day to day chores
- Set up Mirror and pocket stereoscopes and clean them after practicals
- Look after camping equipment
- Issue survey equipment when required for practicals
- Stock take departmental lab equipment
- Take weather instrument recordings
- Record observations and climate data
- Compile return forms
- Assist students with meteorological practicals.
Qualifications And Experience
- At least a National Diploma or a National Certificate in Cartography
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Science
- At least two (2) years post qualification experience with traceable references
- A Higher National diploma in Cartography would be an added advantage
- The incumbent must be innovative and be able to use either QGIS, Arc map or MapInfo GIS software.
How To Apply
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 10 October 2022.