Wanted are qualified candidates to fill the above mentioned positions at Powertel Communications.
Reporting to the Chief Technician, the job exists to enable the establishment of new networks through new installations and network expansion.
Fixed Term Contract (Hre)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Carries outfield surveys for new developments and network expansion.
- Provides material requirements to the Marketing Department to facilitate cost calculations, local authority trenching permits, digging and pole erection.
- well as equipment at customer sites for connectivity.
- Installs base station equipment
- Terminates optic fibre cable ends at customer sites, Powertel nodes and intermediate points to create links.
- Installs and configures switches routers, converters and other network equipment.
- Powertel's standards.
- Tests fibre optic cables and all equipment for functionality before acceptance to facilitate payment.
- Establishes and maintains Powertel's network maps denoting the network itself including nodes and customers.
- Attends to and resolve network faults through trouble shooting and escalates complex faults to the Chief Technician
- Delegates work, sets performance targets and conducts performance appraisals for all staff under own control
- Provides reports on activities carried out
- Manages staff discipline, resolves grievances and resolves i 4 disputes/conflicts in an objective, ethical and professional manner through administering the Code of Conduct and Grievance Procedure. Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Technician
Qualificstions And Experience
- Five Ordinary Levels including English Language and Mathematics
- National Diploma in Telecommunications/ Electrical Engineering/ Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Two (2) years relevant work experience
- Telecommunications apprenticeship training a distinct advantage
- Membership of a recognized professional institution
Other Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of analytical skills
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours
How To Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send clearly labelled applications indicating position applied for. All applications must include certified copies of academic and professional certificates accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted not later than 12 August 2022 addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager (A)
Powertel Communications Pvt. Ltd.
16 Birmingham Road, Southerton, Harare
P.0 Box 7600
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.