We are growing! Almond Africa is looking for suitably qualified personnel to fill an opening within our company as a Pest Control Technician
Duties And Responsibilities
- Inspecting customers’ premises to identify pest problems and advising customers on recommendations for structural or sanitary
- modifications that will reduce pest access to food, water and harbourage.
- Drawing site maps of the Client’s premises, indicating the positions of any of the Contractor’s assets that will be installed for the
- purpose of carrying out the required services.
- Determining the kind of treatment required to eliminate a particular type of pest.
- Applying suitable pesticides as well as non chemical baits including but not limited to glue-boards, uv light traps, tunnel traps and
- snap traps to areas of treatment by following the required protocol and complying with safety procedures.
- Removing incidental invaders of concern from a Client’s site, including but not limited to snakes, bees and feral cats.
- Pest exclusion services that include installing fly screens and rodent proofing.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all pest control tools and equipment.
- Keeping vehicle clean, performing routine maintenance checks and reporting faults.
- Receiving information from Operations Manager pertaining to scheduling of services to customers, as well as informing the
- Accounts Department about customer quotations.
- Filling out all necessary paperwork before, during and upon completion of each job, including but not limited to:
- Treatment confirmation reports
- Job cards
- Pre-task risk assessment forms
- Incident report forms
- Providing feedback to the Operations Manager on all treatments, concerns as well as recommendations that aid better
- functionality and service for the client.
- Ensure proper use of PPE as per the requirement of a particular job
- Participate during stocktake
- Identifying opportunities to sell additional company services and products.
Qualifications And Experience
- Class 2 Journeyman
- “C” in ‘O’ Level Maths and English
- Criminal Free Record
- Age - 22 to 55
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License
- Valid Defensive Driving Certificate
- Technically sound
- High-quality standards
- Ability to work under pressure
- Independent problem-solving capability
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Works well within a team
- Good communication skills
- Overall good health and vitality
- Presentable and well-groomed
- Awareness of health and safety in the workplace
How To Apply
Please forward application letter and CV, copies of all academic and professional certificates and at least two reference letters to email@example.com
Applicants to indicate on their applications, the city they would prefer to be employed in (Harare or Bulawayo)
Successful candidates will be required to provide a police clearance.
Almond Africa is an equal opportunities employer.