The university was established through an act of the Zimbabwe parliament in 2004 and opened its doors to 14 pioneer students in the faculty of Agricultural Sciences in August 2005. The expansion of university education in Zimbabwe is part of government policy adopted at the onset of independence.Head Office (Lupane Campus) P.O Box 170 Lupanehttp://www.lsu.ac.zw/
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above mentioned post.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintaining systems and networks for the organisation.
- Implements and supports PC applications such as word processors, spreadsheets, database management systems, e-mail and other desktop applications.
- Diagnosing software and hardware faults and testing.
- Troubleshooting for software problems such as e-mail, enterprise systems and making necessary fixed and recommendations.
- Installing, updating and upgrading configurations of operating systems and software.
- Provide user support and training.
Qualifications And Experience
- Applicants must have an Honours Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent with one year relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems, networks, software support and troubleshooting skills.
- The candidate should have a knowledge of Linux and virtualization applications and exhibit outstanding organisational and time management skills, be an analytical thinker and problem solver.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.