The Corporate Services department is at the core of the British Embassy’s operations. The Technical Works Group Assistant is a key role in a busy, dynamic team.
The role of TWG Assistant is a challenging and rewarding position. It requires a motivated individual with an eye for detail, someone who is proactive, can work at pace and happy to learn on the job. Ability to see the bigger picture and deliver a quality service will be key to success in this role. This exciting position will expose the individual to a wide variety of areas within the operations arena.
Duration of Post: 36 months
Start Date: 3 January 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to artisans in carrying out planned maintenance activities, projects, refurbishments and in reacting to breakdowns or faults in a timely, professional and customer focused manner.
- Provide support to artisans in executing repairs and works safely in accordance with the quality standards of the FCDO and industry best practice where applicable to plumbing and water systems, power backup systems, electrical systems and general jobbing works.
- Liaise with technical and non-technical colleagues in providing updates on works progress.
- Communicate effectively.
- Actively contribute to safe working practices and ensure all work is undertaken safely.
- Aid artisans in identifying and communicating material requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 O’Levels
- Formal technical training
- Minimum of skilled worker class 3 certification
- Minimum of 5 years work experience working in a similar environment
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence
- Take direction and follow clear instructions
- Clear communication skills
- Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience across multiple trades
- Welding experience
- Air conditioning and maintenance experience
- Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
How to Apply
Deadline: 04 November 2022