This role manages a team in a technical environment, with some individual deliverables and individually accountable for achieving results through others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management of a unit of technical specialists in support of business objectives.
- Normal functions pertaining to management (people, production, customer and finance) apply, but in a technical environment.
- Team size would vary but would mostly be between 5 and 15 specialist staff.
- Also responsible for technical deliveries themselves (high level of technical knowledge in related field to their own staff).
- Technical skills would relate to a field within the administration ambit, i.e. product / process / MIS etc.
- Carries responsibility to deliver on operational projects within field of expertise
- Manages an operational budget.
- Manages delivery of specialist team in support of business objectives.
- Responsible to deliver on operational projects within field of expertise.
- May be personally responsible for some technical deliveries.
- Extensive experience in day to day management.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Internal stakeholders.
- Builds and manages external relationships.
- Individually accountable for customer/client service delivery through efforts of others.
- Accountable for others' time, task and output quality.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Plans and assigns work over the applicable period.
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Manages performance.
- Selects potential staff to sustain customer/client service delivery.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree (B): Insurance And Risk Management
- Tertiary qualification in Risk Management / Insurance and a professional insurance qualification.
- 5 years' experience in Technical insurance ( Underwriting and claims).
- Business Insights, Decision Making, Information Monitoring, Technical Knowledge
How to Apply
Deadline: 29 November 2022