Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following positions that have arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
Duties And Responsibilities
- To provide technical advice on excise legislation and policy formulation through providing advisory services to the Customs & Excise Division.
- Drafting legislative proposals, trade statistics and legislation changes on Excise.
- Ensuring standardisation and uniform application of excise procedures and regulations within the Customs and Excise Division.
- Co-ordinate with Customs Technical Services on excise input into the Customs ASYCUDA system by authorising new information and changes to the existing programs.
- Prepare excise change requests and test the system before implementation
- Prepare and update operational guidelines and procedures, forms, technical handbooks and manuals.
- Co-ordination of review and update of SIs and manuals on Excise.
- Liaise with relevant functions for amendments and errors to the Excise legislation and manuals.
- Resolve adhoc tariff, valuation and penalty appeals.
- Creates synergies with other Government organisations and other revenue authorities for joint operations daily.
Qualifications And Experience
Job Skills and Competencies
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good organizational, people and time management skills.
- Team player who is innovative and analytical.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Economics / Fiscal Studies / Business Studies / Business Management / Business Administration / Sociology or equivalent OR Full CIS OR Higher National Diploma in Accounting / Business Studies or equivalent.
- An MBA / MSc an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of Customs & Excise legislation and procedures.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Customs & Excise and or Taxes working environment in a supervisory grade.
- Knowledge of ASYCUDA World is a prerequisite.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 9 April 2021. All applications should be emailed to ZimraRecruitment@zimra.co.zw clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to