Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following vacancies that have arisen at Bindura University of Science Education.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Technical Services Manager is responsible for:
- The provision of the University’s operational requirements related to information technology infrastructure;
- Providing input, recommendations, and architected solutions on IT infrastructure service types including the data and voice network, databases, data center colocation;
- Identity management, storage services, backup services, and hardware services;
- Overseeing the University’s technical staff and will work in conjunction with the ICT Director to propose improvements to the business infrastructure and report progress on various projects.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or its equivalent;
- A first degree in BSc Computer Science/Information Systems or its equivalent;
- An Advanced degree is an added advantage;
- A minimum of five (5) years post-degree qualification experience;
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT, digital and network transformation projects;
- Experience in deploying Wireless Networking Environments using Aruba/Ruckus/Ubiquity technologies;
- IPv4 and IPv6 networking experience;
- Routing and switching deployment and troubleshooting experience on multiple VLANs;
- Firewall equipment deployment using Sophos/Cisco/Dell Sonic;
- Proven experience in Windows/Linux Server administration;
- Data centre storage design and operations optimisation.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 28 February 2022. For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.