This is a 12-month fixed term contract. The position requires exceptional technical and communication skills and experience. The incumbent should be a good team player, highly analytical and willing to work outside normal working hours and will be on a performance-based contract reporting to the Head: Crop Production and Molecular Technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the Division’s research programs.
- Knowledge in different cropping systems including tobacco and horticulture seedling production is a must.
- Supports overall plant health and soil nutrition strategies to include sustainable cropping practices and integrated pest management.
- Maintains inventory of chemicals and equipment.
- Providing technical guidance/support to general staff.
- Data capturing, analysis and report writing skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Agriculture.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s license.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in crop and horticulture seedling production environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications including a detailed CV, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to the Human Resources Office on email@example.com.
Deadline: 02 March 2023