Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under leadership of the Global Technical Lead Education ECSA, providing technical advice and support to country office staff and partners on inclusive education in new and existing projects in ECSA, in close collaboration with other members of the global education team.
- Supporting the Global Technical Lead Education ECSA in ensuring that Sightsavers’ education programmes in ECSA are informed by best available evidence and good practice, and are effectively designed, implemented, and evaluated.
- Supporting Sightsavers commitment to disability inclusive, gender equality and the rights of women within education programming in ECSA, working closely with the global education team on disability and gender to develop the capacity of Sightsavers country office staff.
- Contributing to new funding opportunities, strategic initiatives and fostering innovative approaches in education in ECSA, as aligned with the education strategy.
- Contributing to the research, innovation, policy, advocacy, and communications agendas through close collaboration with country teams and key external stakeholders to ensure content is based on best available evidence and where possible, direct programme experience.
- Contributing to the refinement and operationalisation of technical and thematic toolkits, training and guidance materials for ECSA and globally, in close collaboration with the global education team. In close collaboration with the Global Technical Lead Education ECSA, identifying capacity strengthening requirements of country staff and partners and facilitating training and other initiatives accordingly.
- Strengthening collaboration between other regional development and humanitarian actors in order to consolidate and apply good practice on what works in inclusive education. To support and develop all safeguarding initiatives within ECSA.
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant field (inclusive education, education, social work/social inclusion, disability studies, social protection, international development etc.).
- Significant and demonstrable experience of working in international development in the region and/or elsewhere.
- Good knowledge of current issues and best practice in inclusive education.
- First-hand experience working with children with disabilities.
- Experience of designing/managing education, disability inclusive and gender responsive programmes designed to facilitate the inclusion of marginalised groups and promote their empowerment at district, national or international levels.
- Experience in developing and adapting programme guidance tools and other resource materials.
- Experience in collating, synthesising, and disseminating best practice guidance and programme learning.
- Experience of supporting capacity strengthening initiatives and programmes with people with disabilities in low-resource settings.
- Willingness or experience in using participatory methodologies for planning, evaluation, or research.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://jobs.sightsavers.org/job/technical-adviser-inclusive-education-ie/
Deadline : 11 December 2022