- Setting up, developing, maintaining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Designing and implementing new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment.
- Maximising network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation.
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects.
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- configuring routing and switching equipment.
- Providing remote support to on-site/off-site engineers and end users/customers
- Undertaking capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres.
- Liaising with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
- Configuring POS devices and user workstations.
- Networking certification like CCNA, CCNP
- Cloud computing & Microsoft certification will be an added advantage
- Experience in working in a POS environment will be an added advantage.
Data Networking, Help Desk Support, IT Troubleshooting, Networking Hardware, Network Performance, Performance Monitoring, Remote Support, Systems Support
Bachelor of Computer Science (BCoSc) (Required), Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
23 February 2022