The incumbent will report to the Systems Engineer-Systems Security and will be responsible for the following, among other duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage performance of perimeter security, anti-virus, anti-malware etc. solutions in place
- Develop and deploy a company-wide password management system to ensure use and maintenance of passwords to critical systems is done according to acceptable standards
- Design and deploy mechanisms to defend networks and systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Administer security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, etc.
- Configure and deploy e-mail gateway security as a first line defence to e-mail communication
- Define user access privileges, control structures and resources to use to enforce adherence to granted privileges and maintenance of established control structures
- Identify computer communication related abnormalities in the company and report violations as well as establishing appropriate remedies.
- Provide regular training to end users on security awareness, protocols and procedures
- Respond immediately to security incidents and provide post-incident analysis
- Perform appropriate security related upgrades to security software and hardware
- Configure router port security, access-lists for security of Cisco Devices and infrastructure servers
- Regularly update switch, router and security appliance software to ensure software related vulnerabilities are curbed.
- Create network security standard operating procedures
- Maintain all documentation and manuals related to organisation’s network and systems security.
- Determine potential telephony related vulnerabilities and establish appropriate security measures to put in place to foil these vulnerabilities.
- Administer the organisation’s network and information systems security oriented disaster recovery and business continuity plan and regularly conducts recovery and continuity tests to ensure plan works.
- Regularly update the organisation’s risk matrix with respect to network and systems security
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science Electrical engineering, Information Technology, Network Engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrable passion and interest in network engineering (WAN/LAN implementation, router and switch maintenance etc.) and systems security.
- Cisco Security certification or current studies to achieve same is an added advantage
- Possession of clean class 4 drivers’ licence an added advantage
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for the position, please submit your application, Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and/or professional certificates, National ID, addressed under confidential cover to:
Head Human Resources and Administration
P O Box 3940
Applications to be received not later than 8 November 2022