Applications are invited from highly competent and qualified persons to fill the above position which has arisen in the Office of the Auditor-General.
Reporting to: Director Finance, Human Resources and
Responsible for developing and overseeing the configuration of the reliable operation of all computer systems and ensure uptime performance, resources and security of all OAG Systems implemented according to OAG standards and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the optimum operation and stability of the OAG network system and servers infrastructure.
- Assess periodic system and data backup and follow-up on business continuity and disaster recovery for OAG IT assets.
- Ensure the secure configuration of all IT related infrastructure and services activities within OAG IT infrastructure
- Ensure maintenance of an up to date systems configuration of the network and server environment.
- Document and secure all data centre applications within the OAG IT Infrastructure.
- Manage and evaluate the quarterly performance reviews of the data centres and WAN/LAN.
- Coordinate with contractors in maintenance, enhancement, incidents and projects.
- Manage the IT infrastructure security, including physical access to IT infrastructure, remote access, and network security, file servers, data backups and ensure the secure return or disposal of IT equipment containing data.
Upper Support System
- Develop a user support system relating to computer aided audit tools, server and network resources and computer applications and hardware.
- Oversee safe custody of ICT infrastructure and handle ICT related incidents as escalated.
- Carry out quarterly feasibility studies/investigation analysis and write reports on the design, operation, test and commission electronic equipment and systems.
- Provide support to IT staff and develop skills required to maintain and develop the IT Systems and applications appropriate to the business operation and
- Assist in management and collaborations with staff members for meeting OAG standards concerning the acceptable quality of received goods and what actions to take.
Security of Data, Network Access and Backup Systems
- Supervise the back up of data, network access and data-security at OAG.
- Maintain the integrity of OAG's technical systems and electronic information.
- Conduct risk assessments and devise the appropriate mitigation measures.
- Provide supervisory leadership to the department and lead in the implementation of the performance management and Human Resources practices of the OAG.
Annual Work Plans, Budgeting & Reporting
- Develop and review the annual work plans and annual Budgets for the department
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in IT,
- Computer Science and any related discipline Professional qualification in Information Security such as CISM,
- 7 years' experience.
- Ability to design technical architecture and maintain systems
- Computer literate
- Change management
- Business planning and implementation.
- People management Good analysis and research skills.
- Unquestionable integrity.
How To Apply
Interpersonal and communication skills.
If you qualified and interested, please submit your application with a detailed Curriculum Vitae not later than 29 July 2022 to No. 48 Burroughs House, Corner George Silundika and Simon Muzenda Street (4th Street), or Email: email@example.com