Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the above post.
This role implements, operates and maintains IT Security infrastructure and operations within the Company's operational framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the design of information and operational support systems.
- Creates security tools and processes for scanning, testing, monitoring, and reporting.
- Evaluates application performance, identifies potential bottlenecks, develops solutions, and implements them with the help of developers.
- Ensures that development considers the latest thinking, and patterns in software security development and best practice - providing recommendations, with user stories, approaches, and automation related to security.
- Organizes security research and documents the findings.
- Monitors networks and systems for security breaches.
- Researches and proposes IT security solutions.
- Maintains documentation relevant to the area of responsibility (configurations etc.)
- Ensures vulnerability management solutions are implemented and maintained.
- Responds to and manages security-related events and alerts.
- Updates and patches the IT environment with the latest software in accordance with policies.
- Develops technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automates repeatable tasks.
- Delivers in the security areas of Key Management Systems, Certificate Management, Encryption, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, Security and Monitoring tools, etc.
- Ability to work with APIs and Plugins to integrate security tools into established CI/CD pipelines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree (B), Diploma (Dip).
- Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go, and/or Power Shell.
- Strong scripting skills, including shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python, Go, Groovy, Helm, etc.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
- Solid experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux-based environments.
- Experience in Oauth2.0
- AWS Certification - Added Advantage
- Hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and network/web-related protocols
- Appropriate technical qualifications plus 3 years of experience in an IT environment
- Cyber Defense, Cyber Risks, Cybersecurity, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Cyber Threat Prevention, Security Tools, Vulnerability Management.
How to Apply
To Apply Use Link: https://oldmutual.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Old_Mutual_Careers/job/Systems-Engineer---DevSecOps_JR-37286?locationCountry=db69eabc446c11de98360015c5e6daf6
Deadline: 22 March 2023