The Systems Developer shall report to the Database Systems Administrator and will be responsible for the following, among other duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in in-house systems development initiatives fir the organisation
- Manage the organisation’s websites, intranets and other application specific software utilities
- Produce clean, efficient code for various systems based on scientific analysis, best practice and user specifications
- Develop scripts in various platforms to solve specific business applications related challenges
- Identify & recommend appropriate software tools as they appear on the market
- Integrate software components and third-party programs, verify and deploy programs and systems
- Work together with innovation and business transformation specialist in realizing the organisation’s digital transformation and innovation thrust
- Coordinate installation of software systems, troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software to improve business operations
- Gather & evaluate user feedback concerning running systems/applications and recommend improvements as necessary
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Lead in integration organisation’s systems with external third party systems
- Consult engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve customer problems.
- Analyse information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Manage the organisation’s database management systems to ensure they are fully functional and fully licensed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science/Software/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Demonstrable passion interest in system development/software engineering and database systems.
- Ability to learn new ways of software development in different platforms
- Demonstrable customer & business processes knowledge, ICT best practices
- Ability to listen to end users and to think innovatively, swiftly design & deliver effective software solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Ability to perform under pressure & within defined timelines and milestones
- Ability to multitask and to adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Advanced verbal, documentation and written communication skills
- Membership to a professional body and evidence of studies towards professional certification an advantage
- Possession of a clean Class 4 driver’s licence essential
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for the position, please submit your application, Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and/or professional certificates, National ID, addressed under confidential cover to:
Head Human Resources and Administration
P O Box 3940
Applications to be received not later than 8 November 2022