Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following positions that have arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops programs using JAVA, VB.Net or C# based technologies to resolve business requirements.
- Modifies existing programs in line with changing business requirements or to fix bugs in the programs.
- Adheres to the Authority’s software development standards.
- Develops integration solutions for internal and external systems.
- Provides support to system issues raised by end users.
- Participates in any other software development work.
- Recommends changes to improve established operational systems processes.
- Develops application code as assigned by the supervisor.
- Develops authorized mobile and web applications and innovative solutions as required by business.
- Designs and develop user interfaces to internet / intranet applications.
- Researches and troubleshoots reported problems.
- Complies with project standards and processes related to producing high quality web-based applications.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
Job Skills and Competencies
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and long hours.
- Ability to communicate at all levels. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Unquestionable integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business Studies and Computer Science or equivalent.
- Oracle Certified Associate certification or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification is required.
- Knowledge of JSP / Servlets, Web Frameworks like Struts / Spring, Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services – SOAP / REST, Web Technologies like HTML, CSS. JAVA Script and JQuery, Markup Languages like XML and JSON is required.
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development and the Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies is a must.
- At least two (2) years working experience with software development projects for an enterprise environment is a must.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 9 April 2021. All applications should be emailed to ZimraRecruitment@zimra.co.zw clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to