The Ministry of Health and Child Care is a Sub-Recipient for the Global Fund New Funding Model grant under the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) as the Principal Recipient (PR). The MOHCC wishes to recruit the following professionals to contribute to the successful implementation of the grant
Position reports to Deputy Director of ICT Location: Head Office, Kaguvi Building with occasional travelling across the country
Overview: The Ministry of Health and Child Care is implementing state of the art integrated and interoperable electronic systems to enhance delivery of health services to the nation. The Ministry therefore intends to hire highly qualified, passionate and motivated individuals with relevant skills and experience.
Position Overview: The ICT Officer will be a key member of the Ministry of Health and Child Care IT team and is expected to provide wide-ranging IT support to the Ministry of Health and Child Care and its programs. S/he will work primarily to support planning, designing, developing and maintaining networking, hardware and software applications to support implementation, maintenance, and management of ICT solutions.
- The responsibilities will include assisting in planning, designing, developing and maintaining networking, hardware and software applications to support implementation of Health Management Information Systems in clinical and public health settings.
- The successful candidate must be able to design and implement ICT quality and security control systems.
- The successful candidate must also be able to use a range of health ICT applications and be familiar with health information concepts, provide user support on hardware and software and train health workers on use of ICT in their work.
- Provide day-to-day support for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of various ICT software programs/applications
- Provide day-to-day support for all ICT equipment such as network equipment, servers, computers, tablets and mobile phones including installation, preventive maintenance, trouble shooting and repairs.
- Design and implement ICT quality and security control systems
- In conjunction with national office plan, design, develop and maintain software applications to support implementation of Health Management Information Systems and other MOHCC ICT systems
- Plan, build, maintain and upgrade existing and new MOHCC ICT systems.
- Provide technical assistance and training to the system end users including
- Supporting site training and roll-out of systems
- Providing training to the staff members on the use of any new ICT programs or applications
- Supporting development of user guides on information systems for use by other non-ICT staff
- Work with ICT team, other health workers and stakeholders to implement eHealth systems as part e-governance programme.
- Develop and manage work plans
- Work with the MoHCC to assess opportunities for future related ICT interventions
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and experience
- • Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- • CCNP/A qualification is a must
- • At least 5 years' experience in system development, networking or server setup,
- • 2 - 3 years' experience providing comprehensive technical support to users of computer software
- • Ability to model and represent systems effectively and creatively.
- • Knowledge and experience in use of open-source software
- • Knowledge and experience in using different development frameworks such as spring mvc, hibernate, struts, jquery
- • Knowledge and experience in supporting a range of technologies such as Java, PHP, VB.net, MS Access, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Android
- • Knowledge and experience in setting up computer networks (WAN/LAN) and server setup and maintenance.
- • Ability to set and meet timelines and deadlines
- • Fluent in English (excelllent oral and written skills)
- • Strong communication skills, with experience conducting trainings and delivering presentations on complex information to sizable groups
- • Willingness to travel frequently and at short notice
- Experience in designing, modifying, or customizing and implementing networking, hardware and software systems
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solving in a fast-paced, limited-structure environment
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Understanding of the health information systems
How To Apply
The post is for an initial period of one year renewable on good performance. Salary and benefits will be notified to short-listed candidates. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV's, a cover letter and proof of qualifications.
The Secretary for Health
Ministry of Health and Child Care
P 0 Box CY 1122, Causeway
10 Floor, Kaguvi Building
Fourth Street/Central Avenue