Work closely with Treasury Back office, International Banking, CIB and Compliance Department to ensure optimum efficiency and satisfactory turnaround times of all SWIFT messages & Adhering to department Service Level Agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficient capturing of messages in SWIFT Alliance LITE 2 and SWIFT ONLINE within prescribed time, filling in all required fields, correct addresses, amounts and commendable layout.
- Capturing of data in FCUBS and Perago systems.
- Ensuring outgoing Telegraphic Transfer (TT) confirmations are periodically sent to internal clients.
- Have knowledge of various message categories in SWIFT.
- Meeting all deadlines and value dates.
- Distribution of incoming TT messages to respective departments.
- Attending to queries and ensuring that there are resolved.
- Adhering to SWIFT regulations.
- Ensuring that all outgoing messages are recorded and reconciled.
- Reduction of operational losses through minimising error rate.
- Any other duties assigned by superiors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant tertiary education in Accounting, Finance and Banking and Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Operations Department.
- Excellent knowledge of processes and procedures, specifically within a banking or treasury operation environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft packages.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be methodical and must be able to focus attention to detail.
- Positive attitude
- Customer service mentality
- Efficient time management
- Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done
- Confident and resilient
- Excellent communicator and motivator
- Ability to understand and meet internal business needs
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues typical for the country banking system.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Heading: “Swift Clerk” attaching all academic certificates and transcripts.
Appointments will be made in compliance with BancABC’s recruitment policy.
Deadline: 28 November 2022 before 1630hrs