Unki Mines- Zimbabwe has an amazing vacancy for a Mine Surveyor, with high integrity, as they will be reporting production numbers for different sections. An individual with a strong character and great leadership qualities. Someone who can take initiative and is able to work under pressure. Could you be the one?
People. Process. Performance.
Significant operational improvements are required within Anglo Platinum to achieve the company’s ambition of being the most valued mining company in the eyes of all stakeholders. This includes realization of Burning Ambition, Zero Harm, Elimination of Fatalities, Life of Asset Plan, P101, and advancement of Future Smart Mining. Within Anglo Platinum the challenges to achieve this are considerable and complex.
Our values and the Anglo-American Operating Model support the delivery of these outcomes by making it clear that how we deliver results is inextricably linked to what we deliver. Critical to the achievement of this is the leadership of the AAP.
Our Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
This role is responsible for data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting into information for Survey use as per the latest AAP Standards Procedures and Survey Best Practice Guidelines. Your role will include:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for Field Work Processing including daily reports on production
- Responsible for issuing of daily reports
- Going on site, Underground or Surface to collect data
- Ensuring monthly measuring of production and producing of reports in different sections
- Attending and Responding to Underground or Surface requests including TSF Surveys, Stockpile Surveys on Surface
- Checking work of the contractors on site to see if they are conforming to the required standards of the designs
- Performing underground excavation measurements
- Identify and report on work related risks and hazards
- Gathering and Analysing Survey Data
- Capturing data onto appropriate systems
Qualifications And Experience
- 5 O Levels (Maths and Science)
- National Diploma in Mine Survey or HND in Mine Survey
- Clean Class4 Driver’s License
- 2 years working in a mining environment
- Cad Software exposure
- Shifts and Overtime (if and when required)
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environment systems