Applications from suitable qualified members are invited to fill the following posts:
Duties And Responsibilities
The successful candidate must be able to:-
- Schedule work assignments, setting priorities and directing the work of subordinates.
- Supervise of the activities of all subordinate staff.
- Provide technical support for technicians when necessary and prepare daily reports on task execution.
- Attend to work-related issues/problems facing team members in their assigned stations.
- Monitor workshop condition, including cleanliness, safety and the condition of shop tools and equipment.
- Develop and maintain databases of all University vehicles for the purpose of insurance, licensing, servicing and monitoring performance so as to assist in the disposing of unserviceable vehicles.
- Handle all customer complaints.
- Produce performance assessment tools for the section.
- Road test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Monitor progress of each repair.
- Conducting assessments of equipment needs and maintain inventory of equipment holdings.
- Identify staff development and training needs and manage leave days for staff.
- Attend to other job-related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
The position requires an individual with:-
- A Higher National Diploma or a degree in Supervisory Management/Transport Management or related field.
- At least two (2) years post-qualification relevant experience at Supervisor level.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- Good coordination skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to pay attention to detail as well as stay calm when under pressure.
- Ability to multitask and work under minimum supervision.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit six copies of applications, IDs, birth certificates and CVs, giving full particulars including full names, place and date of birth and six copies of academic and professional qualifications for each set of application. Applicants must give information on experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, names and addresses of three referees. Applications should be addressed and either hand delivered or posted to:
DEPUTY REGISTRAR, HUMAN RESOURCES
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Certified copies of school and college certificates must be attached to each set of application.
The University of Zimbabwe is an equal opportunity employer and therefore men and women are equally encouraged to apply.