The Friendship Bench is evidence–based, mental health intervention developed in Zimbabwe to bridge the mental health treatment gap. We value mental well-being and strive to improving people’s quality of life through problem solving talk therapy. You can visit the website for more information. Friendship Bench is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post.
Under the USAID DIV Project Grant, the SIE Officer primarily works in the SIE Department under the supervision of the Information Technology Manager. The SIE Technical Officer assists to install, operate and maintain computer networks and communication systems. Provides solutions to technical problems for the Friendship Bench Organization and ensure reliability of all ICT peripherals. Write reports, tracking inventory, training staff on new technologies, negotiating contracts with suppliers and developing contingency plans in case of network failure. Help to ensure the safe and efficiency running of the IT system and provide daily user assistance.
Reporting to: Information Technology Manager
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategy and Planning: Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring systems performance. Accurately document instances of system failure, repair, installation, and removal. Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs. Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Acquisition and Deployment: Conduct research on computer products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase. Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs and related products. Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Data administration: Design and build database systems that meet the specifications of the SIE department and Friendship bench key priority areas. Ensure the timely and accurate distribution of data to Implementation Teams. Installing and or modifying new data base systems for Friendship bench team members. provide users with training and help resolve issues with database access, back-up, and recovery. liaise with the SIE Managers and implementation teams to develop strategies necessary for the effective management and organization database systems that meet the data requirements of the organization. monitor the performance of a database system, evaluating operating systems and hardware to ensure seamless flow of information. conducting database audit, modification and amendment using SQL commands or by manual editing.
- Operational Management: Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels. Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues. Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products. Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products. Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed. Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding software and/or hardware problems. Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems. If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors. Provide guidance to junior members of the team if required.
- Technical meetings: Participate and represent Friendship Bench in sector specific Technical Meetings with Partners and or government of Zimbabwe Line Ministries. Represent the IT/SIE department at Friendship Bench CKT /Team Meetings – with regular updates.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology/Science/Computer Studies
- IT related professional certification
- At least three (3) years of experience
- Membership of an IT Professional Board.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Microsoft platform. Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience. Extensive equipment support experience with PC’s. Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, system tools, and standards of the Friendship bench. Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories. Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
How to Apply
Deadline: 20 January 2023