The Friendship Bench is evidence–based, mental health intervention developed in Zimbabwe to bridge the mental health treatment gap. We value mental well-being and strive to improving people’s quality of life through problem solving talk therapy. You can visit the website for more information. Friendship Bench is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following post
Under the USAID DIV Project Grant, the SIE Officer primarily works in the SIE Department and is responsible for supporting the regular and systematic monitoring and reporting of the Friendship Bench Key Performance Indicators through data collection, analysis and reporting. The SIE Officer is also primarily responsible for the maintenance of the Friendship Bench database administration inclusive of overseeing the performance of the company database and information management system to ensure its security, efficiency and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning: Participate Participate in routine SIE department and Implementation Teams Planning Meetings. Participate in Quarterly Data Quality Assessments (DQAs). Contribute to the routine drafting, development and updating of SIE related Tools and Templates for data collection, cleaning, analysis and reporting. Assist in updating SIE Plan, FB Logical Framework/Results Framework.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Provide regular data for reporting against key performance indicators for weekly, monthly and Quarterly reporting. Assist Implementation Teams with their data reporting needs for Weekly/CKT reports , monthly and quarterly reports. Assist in Ensuring data flow (upwards and downwards) within the SIE structure is being adhered to by Implementing Teams and Partners. Working across all projects and priority districts provide SIE support in terms of SIE System roll out, supervision of primary data collection inclusive of training and mentoring. Participate in SIE and Implementation Managers check in update Meetings.
- Database Administration: Design and build database systems that meet the specifications of the SIE department and Friendship bench key priority areas. Ensure the timely and accurate distribution of data to Implementation Teams. Installing and or modifying new data base systems for Friendship bench team members. Provide users with training and help resolve issues with database access, back-up, and recovery. Liaise with the SIE Managers and implementation teams to develop strategies necessary for the effective management and organization database systems that meet the data requirements of the organization. Monitor the performance of a database system, evaluating operating systems and hardware to ensure seamless flow of information. Conducting database audit, modification and amendment using SQL commands or by manual editing.
- Technical Meetings: Participate and represent Friendship Bench in sector specific Technical Meetings with Partners and or government of Zimbabwe Line Ministries. Represent the SIE department at Friendship Bench CKT /Team Meetings – with regular updates on performance indicators.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative e.g. Mathematics; Statistics; M&E; Information Technology; Operations Research
- Working knowledge of quantitative data collection systems using advanced excel; SPSS; STATA or any other data analysis software.
- Post Grad qualification related to mental health will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of experience working experience in quantitative data collection systems.
How to Apply
Deadline: 202 January 2023