Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following positions that have arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor performance of revenue collections for all revenue heads.
- Account for and report on all revenues collected, in accordance with the laid down procedures.
- Review revenue collection strategies and revenue enhancement projects.
- Track duty drawback claims and other duty/tax refunds for efficiency, effectiveness and timeliness.
- Formulate and implement efficient and effective procedures, controls and systems for administering goods entering and exiting the country.
- Interpret and implement legislation and organisational policies effectively and efficiently.
- Assist in identifying and facilitating Human Capital development.
- Implement measures to minimise cost of collection.
- Conduct periodic meetings and workshops with staff and stakeholders.
- Conduct performance appraisals of subordinates and checks appraisals
- done by the subordinates.
- Conduct random checks from system reports to ensure that clearances
- adhere to required procedures and controls.
- Create synergies with other government organizations and other revenue authorities for joint operations.
- Follow up on outstanding bill entries.
- Implement integrity action and service level agreement for the section.
- Respond and implements internal and external audit recommendations.
- Make recommendations for Value or Tariff Rulings.
- Monitor the turnaround time to serve clients as per Client Charter.
- Recommend review of policies, processes, procedures, operational guidelines and recommends the necessary change for approval.
- Verify and carries out cancellation of Bill of Entry documents.
- Identify training needs and ensures staff receives training in specialized areas.
- Ensure adherence to the tenets of the Authority’s performance management system within the division.
Qualifications And Experience
Job skills and Competencies
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good organisational, people and time management skills.
- Team player who is innovative and analytical.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Economics / Fiscal Studies / Business Studies / Business Management / Business Administration / Sociology or equivalent OR Full CIS OR Higher National Diploma in Accounting / Business Studies or equivalent.
- An MBA / MSc an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of Customs & Excise legislation and procedures.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in Customs & Excise and or Taxes working environment in a supervisory grade.
- Knowledge of ASYCUDA World is a prerequisite.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 9 April 2021. All applications should be emailed to ZimraRecruitment@zimra.co.zw clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to