Unki Mines (Private) Limited, has an exhilarating 6 months opportunity for a Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Officer who will provide comprehensive engagement and communication service, aligned with organization strategies and objectives, and to facilitate two-way dialogue and communication between the company and its local stakeholders. Could you be the one?
We’re the best in the industry. You’ll make us better.
Significant operational improvements are required within Anglo Platinum to achieve the company’s ambition of being the most valued mining company in the eyes of all stakeholders. This includes realization of Burning Ambition, Zero Harm, Elimination of Fatalities, Life of Asset Plan, P101, and advancement of Future Smart Mining. Within Anglo Platinum the challenges to achieve this are considerable and complex.
Our values and the Anglo-American Operating Model support the delivery of these outcomes by making it clear that how we deliver results is inextricably linked to what we deliver. Critical to the achievement of this is the leadership of the AAP.
Our Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
This role requires an analytical individual with good interpersonal skills, who is capable of engaging cross functionally with other departments and with external stakeholders. Your role will also include communicating effectively in all levels whilst:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Constantly reviewing development in the field and ensuring effectiveness and alignment of systems and procedures to AASW 3.0 and best practices
- Ensuring that the site is developed and reviewed on an annual basis
- Engaging with internal stakeholders and data collection
- Consolidating inputs from all the departments
- Evaluating effectiveness of activities
- Advising management on the most appropriate course of action when decision relates to stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Supporting and participating in the training and capacity development of employees, contractors, and communities on AASW 3.0 requirements / topics
- Being responsible for Stakeholder analysis in terms of their interest
- Ensuring that briefs are being distributed to appropriate levels
- Prioritizing engagement with Stakeholders
- Creating and implementing engagement activities
- Tracking of departments and maintaining engagement activities within the plant
- Building and maintaining valuable and trusting relationships with stakeholders through engagements
- Identify potential conflict situations and minimize the implications
- Ensuring compliance with Social Performance requirements that include identifying and managing risks with social and human rights impacts
Qualifications And Experience
- Social Science/ Sociology or Social Development Degree
- Social Work-Related Qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience in Community Engagement
- 3 years’ experience in Social Work
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of community projects
- Proficiency in Computer Systems (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, SAP)
- Data collection skills,
- Engagement abilities,
- Case studies (Social)
- Class 4 Drivers License