Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following vacancies that have arisen at Bindura University of Science Education
Duties And Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading and mentoring a team of software personnel in the design, development, testing, automation and maintenance of Web Based Applications;
- Integrating University Management System, Accounting System, and Database Management Systems;
- Working closely with Management, University Departments, Quality Assurance design, product management and support services to maintain and develop new products;
- Providing technical leadership and management for a team of software personnel in the University;
- Participating in hands-on development where necessary.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Software Engineering or its equivalent;
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or its equivalent;
- A minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience in software engineering and at least three (3) years of which one should have worked as a Senior Software Development Engineer managing teams of at least three (3) Engineers;
- A minimum of two (2) years of technical Product Development experience, building a successful web based application;
- Knowledge and experience with one or more development methodologies, and experience developing engineering process is required;
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge coupled with strong leadership, planning and management abilities;
- Microsoft, Linux or Cloud Computing Certifications will be a distinct added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Visual Basic and Microsoft Visual Studio;
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and Postgres RDMS (expertise with Stored Procedures and User-Defined Functions);
- The candidate must have in depth knowledge of APIs and Protocols with proven projects;
- Knowledge of web server infrastructure;
- Experience leading teams of software engineers in the development of web applications in an ASP environment;
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux Server environments;
- XML experience;
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies such as WhatsApp bots, Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, and other 4th generation technologies.
How To Apply
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 28 February 2022. For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.