The Ministry of Health and Child Care is a Sub-Recipient for the Global Fund New Funding Model grant under the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) as the Principal Recipient (PR). The MOHCC wishes to recruit the following professionals to contribute to the successful implementation of the grant
REPORTS TO: SI Coordinator
Summary Of Key Functions:
Systems analysis and desigh, software development and modifying existing software (programming), training, implementation and onsite support.
In conjunction with national office plan, design, develop and maintain software applications to support implementation of Health Management Information Systems and other MOHCC ICT systems
- Participates in review of paper data collection tools in terms of how they can be automated in electronic systems.
- Plan, build, maintain and upgrade existing and new MOHCC ICT systems
- Knowledge and experience in use of open source software
- Knowledge and experience in using different development frameworks such as spring mvc, hibernate, struts, jquery
- Knowledge and experience in supporting a range of technologies such as Java, PHP, VB.net, MS Access, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Android
- Creates and reviews training manuals for both facilitators and participants on how to use electronic system
- Tests systems and/or programs by preparing test plans and data, conducting test runs, reviewing both input and output data for accuracy and validity.
- Operates remote terminals and other data entry equipment.
- Maintains and revamps all databases in consultation with the DBA.
- Ensures the security and integrity of all systems and data.
- Identifies opportunities that can improve efficiency of electronic systems business processes.
- Participates in system structure design and systems programming.
- Assists in gathering user requirements and creation of the system design and functional specifications for new development projects.
- Researches specific technical software and related questions and problems from users and management, relating to software systems.
- Recommends policies and procedures for using the systems.
- Participates in the integration of existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together.
- Participates in the activities required for the operation and maintenance of systems by recommending changes and corrections for new needs for users.
- Assist in reviews and designs training manuals and procedures for the system users.
- Undertakes training evaluation programs.
- Participates in onsite systems orientation programs.
- Installs any software packages for work purposes including Windows and Linux Operating systems, anti-virus and office packages.
- Degree, Diploma, Certificate, City & Guilds Apprenticeship qualifications). State length of time required for the qualification
- First Degree in Computing and Information Technology
Competencies And Skills Required
- Programming language certification (i.e Java or any RDBMS)
- 5-10 programming experience years
- Designed and proposed electronic system until implementation
How To Apply
The post is for an initial period of one year renewable on good performance. Salary and benefits will be notified to short-listed candidates. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV's, a cover letter and proof of qualifications.
The Secretary for Health
Ministry of Health and Child Care
P 0 Box CY 1122, Causeway
10 Floor, Kaguvi Building
Fourth Street/Central Avenue