The Social and Behavior Change Officer (Social Analytics) reports to the Social and Behavior Change Manager NO4 level (Post No. 95088) for supervision and guidance technical oversight on analytics and monitoring from the Chief of Programme, Planning and Monitoring (PPM) P5 level (Post No 67300). The Officer provides technical and operational support to the office by designing, administering, implementing, monitoring social/behavioral data and/or contribute to the evaluation of strategic behavior initiatives and activities to promote community engagement and participation, understanding of social/behavioral trends, and measurement of behavioral and social change/mobilization, requiring the application of technical and theoretical skills and thorough knowledge of organizational goals, rules, regulations, policies and procedures to complete tasks.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Support to strategy design and development of social/behavior analytics and studies
- Support to implementation of Strategic Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) activities
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Qualifications And Experience
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset