- Contract type: Short term consultancy contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization with long-term, local presence in more than 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
The OYE project is a market-based approach that combines youth competencies with business orientation; it places a premium on youth economic empowerment and entrepreneurship. In Zimbabwe the project started in May 2019, with funding from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the Swedish Embassy in Zimbabwe. The OYE Project is committed to increasing youth employment opportunities in sectors such as agriculture, energy and green jobs. The project's objective is to improve and sustain youth livelihoods through skill and capacity development, while also connecting them to market opportunities for employment and enterprise development in high-growth sectors with significant youth potential. Additionally, the project aims to create direct employment and business opportunities in the agriculture and renewable energy sectors, directly benefiting at least 4,250 people across six Zimbabwean provinces.
OYE is looking for a consultant to document the project's achievements in print, photography, and video/audio (documentary) to highlight the Market-driven interventions that OYE is implementing in Zimbabwe. Beneficiaries of services should provide documentation of their accomplishments.
The specific objectives of this exercise are to:
- To provide case studies of OYE youth accomplishments and the changes they believe have occurred at the individual and community levels because of utilizing OYE services. These narratives will be used to market the project and will be incorporated into subsequent project evaluation efforts.
- To serve as a repository for materials related to knowledge management, accountability, resource mobilization, and up-scaling of proven interventions.
- To capture video/audio and photographs that will accompany the case studies and document the project’s achievements.
The consultant(s) will be expected to travel to the 6 provinces of Zimbabwe (Matabeleland North and south, Harare, Bulawayo, Mashonaland East and Manicaland) where the project is being implemented to conduct interviews with youth, community members, OYE staff and cooperating partners, and other relevant stakeholders in order to compile, analyze, and synthesize case studies demonstrating the project's impact.
The consultant(s) selected to undertake this assignment will be expected to deliver the following;
A. Written case studies
- Document and produce 18 success human interest stories;
- Present the draft case studies to the OYE team for review
- Finalize case studies based on feedback received
- Produce a 60-minute documentary (with five-minute mini-documentaries suitable for Facebook/YouTube) highlighting successful youth interventions.
- At least 420 high-resolution photographs, edited and captioned
- Copy of all interview recordings and/or transcripts
- A detailed report on all photography, including names and contact details of all individuals interviewed and original copies of signed consent forms filled out by each interviewee.
- Based upon the scope of the assignment, the consultant is expected to submit along with their proposal, a production schedule, a brief proposal describing the type of promotional document it would produce if awarded the contract. Bidders should demonstrate professional competency in their submissions.
- Bidders must be able to demonstrate their capability to produce work of the highest quality through the submission of past work and at least three references from their present/previous clients.
The Technical Proposal should clearly and specifically cover but not necessarily be limited to;
- Interpretation of the Terms of Reference: Demonstrations of the understanding of the work to be done, a proposed work approach and methodology 15%
- Creativity: A proposed design and production approach demonstrating innovation and ingenuity 30%
- Capacity: Copies of CVs for the key staff for the proposal should be attached to the application. 15%
- A detailed work plan, which must include clear timetable/ schedule of the work activities that will be performed 20%
- Samples: quality of samples of past work 20%
The financial proposal should provide a clear and detailed breakdown of all costs that would be associated with undertaking the entire project, together with the proposed payment schedule. Only proposals that have attained a rating above 70% in the technical evaluation will proceed to the financial evaluation stage.
Applicants should have a proven track record in communication - videography, photography and story telling.
Assignment expected to be carried over 3 months
Expected start date
14 March 2022
Harare with frequent travel to the field
How to apply
Please go to the job page here: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/SNV/743999804428448 and apply by clicking on the I'm Interested button and complete your application by 25 February 2022. Applicants to submit criteria set under technical proposal.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted.